Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Non-confirmed Kills

This was like out of a bad comedy with Steve Marin. Seriously close to getting rundown by a car cruising through and intersection yesterday after work.

I was out with my six year old walking the two dogs to the park in Prague, when a car comes from the right without yielding and even without looking. I saw the driver look only the other side where she expected traffic to come from and was oblivious to four living beings not one meter to her left.

Whats worse is tha the driver continued into the intersection and almost took out an older woman crossing the intersecting suburban street.

It was an auto-skola (Driving School) lesson! I almost laughed and tried to get the second target/victim to smile at the idiocy of the moment but she would not have any of it.

I did catch a glance of the teacher who was looking across the shoulders of the driver through the rear window. I could not tell if it was a grimace of embarrassment (go ahead, try to make that face; it works), or a "I am totally busted" face. Imagine the teacher's thoughts at that moment. No near misses all month and two on one day. Better than a confirmed kill, I guess.


.

No comments: