Friday, September 15, 2006

Kinky Taps People











I think Kinky is treading in a mine field (and also a snake-infested field) when he speaks about legalizing Marijuana. Just when he might have got some of the older folks ready to trust him (about schools and paying teachers; about cleaning house and change in government; about oil and other energy for the great state of Texas) he plays the drug card. I think that was a misstep.

This article does mention some salient points however. Some people he would like to 'tap' or join his team. I especially like the answer he gave when he was accused of saying that all the Katrina evacuees were "crackheads and thugs."

Friedman said Wednesday that his plan to give $100 million to Houston to hire more police "was not in any way racist."

"How can you possibly regret that, telling the truth?" he asked. "I am not a racist, I am a realist. In looking at the statistics, I know that 20 percent of the homicides in Houston have been committed by the element in the evacuee population.

"I never said what color their skin was. I never said all evacuees are crack dealers or crackheads. I'm smarter than that."


I am really, really rooting for this guy.

No comments: