Thursday, July 13, 2006

Two Billion watched a head butt?

"This was not something to do. I want to make it clear because it was watched by two billion people and by millions of kids," Zidane said.

Materazzi insulted mother and sister: Zidane | Reuters.com

I was not especially backing the French during this match. But when i read this...

"He (Materazzi) pronounced very tough words about my mother and my sister. I tried not to listen to him but he kept repeating them,"

"kept repeating them"


I can only conclude that it was an intentional taunt. Something to draw the action that was, accurately, completed. So.. I think if this was the object, that Italy should be stripped. But of course that is never going to happen.

Two billion watched it? I guess that could be the beginning of a new way of crime perpetrated by family insults, and perhaps justified?


.

No comments: